S-300, Extended Attack Incident Commander
This course is designed to meet the training needs of the Incident Commander Type 3 (ICT3). The focus is on the lessons of leadership and command as they relate to the ICT3 position. It is presented in participative lecture format with multiple tactical decision games for students to practice new knowledge. The seven instructional units cover Foundation Skills, Situational Awareness, Command and Control, Managing the Incident, Transitional Activities, Post-Fire Activities and a Final Simulation. There is also an optional Staff Ride Activity (Unit 8) if instructors choose to include it.
Extended Attack Incident Commander | Cost: $125
All classes on Monday May 13th will begin at 0900 (CT).
On all other days, classes will begin at 0800 (CT).
Classes are scheduled to end each day by 1700 (CT).
May 13th - 15th | Individual Registration
• Demonstrate an understanding of the concept of Command as it relates to the ICT3.
• Demonstrate effective foundation skills (leadership, risk management, and communications) at the ICT3 level.
• Develop situational awareness of incident environment.
• Demonstrate effective command and control over a quickly assembled team in a time constrained and rapidly changing incident environment.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage an incident.
• Conduct post-fire activities.
Course Components and Hours to Complete
Pre-selection assessment N/A
Pre-course work 6-8
Online training N/A
Instructor-led training 16
Total Hours 22-24
Personnel desiring to be qualified as Incident Commander Type 3 (ICT3).
Minimum Instructor Qualifications
Lead and Unit instructors must be qualified Incident Commander Type 3 (ICT3) or Division/Group Supervisor (DIVS).
See NWCG Instructor Certification at the beginning of this Guide.
Qualified as Incident Commander Type 4 (ICT4) and Task Force Leader (TFLD), OR
Qualified as ICT4 and Strike Team Leader and any two Single Resource Boss positions – one must be Crew (CRWB) or Engine (ENGB).
Satisfactory completion of pre-course work.
Regional, state or area